Ward Hill Church of Christ the King – A Christ-Centered Community of Faith, Hope, & Love
The Lord’s Day, June 20, in the Lord’s Year 2021 – 4th Sunday after Pentecost – Father’s Day
Please speak bold words and sing italicized words; * we invite you to stand as able.
Prelude & Quiet Prayer – five minutes before service (9:55-10:00 am)
Blessed be God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. And blessed be his kingdom, now and forever. Amen.
* Hymn 75 O Father, You Are Sovereign ST THEODULPH
Being Reconciled to God and One Another
* Confession of Sin: Gracious God, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, you have promised to receive us when we come to you. We confess that we have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what we have done, and by what we have left undone. We have not loved you or our neighbors as we should. Forgive us, O God, and grant that in the Holy Spirit we may live and serve you in newness of life; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
* Declaration of Forgiveness in Christ: If you have repented of your sin and turned in faith to Jesus Christ, I can declare through Christ’s atoning death and life-giving resurrection that you are forgiven in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
* New Life in Christ: If you love God, keep his commandments. Jesus said, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”
* Response (Hymn 726) IVERSON
Spirit of the living God, fall fresh on me. Break me, melt me, mold me, fill me.
O Lord, open our lips, and our mouths shall show forth your praise.
*Gloria Patri (Hymn 735) GLORIA PATRI (GREATOREX)
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost; as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen, amen.
* The Peace of Christ The peace of Christ be with you. And also with you.
Announcements, Scripture Memory, & Catechism – see Bell Ringer
Honoring and Praying for Fathers
Hymn 570 Faith of Our Fathers ST CATHERINE
Hearing God by Word and Spirit
Collect for Proper 7: O Lord, make us have perpetual love and reverence for your holy Name, for you never fail to help and govern those whom you have set upon the sure foundation of your loving-kindness; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
Job 38:1-11 Psalm 107:1-3,23-32 The Word of the Lord.
2 Corinthians 6:1-13 Mark 4:35-41 Thanks be to God.
Sermon – “Peace in the Storm” Sermon Series: Mostly Mark
Answering God in Faith, Prayer, and Giving
The Apostles’ Creed – hymnal page 845
Prayers of the People, concluding with The Lord’s Prayer (saying ‘debts’)
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name, Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors; And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever and ever. Amen.
Offering Ourselves and Our Gifts
Offertory (Hymn 729) HERR JESU CHRIST
All things are thine; no gift have we, Lord of all gifts, to offer thee; and hence with grateful hearts today, thine own before thy feet we lay.
* Doxology (Hymn 731) OLD HUNDREDTH
Praise God from whom all blessings flow; praise him, all creatures here below; praise him above, ye heavenly host; praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.
* Offertory Prayer
Being Sent with God’s Blessing into the World
* Hymn Lord, Bless Our Homes CHARTERHOUSE
Lord, bless our homes with peace and love and laughter,
With understanding and with loyalty.
May we together follow Christ the Master
And know the blessing of his sovereignty.
May every heart receive his loving Spirit
And know the truth that makes life truly free;
Then, in that Spirit may we live united, and find in God our deep security.
Forgive the hurts our selfishness inflicted
On those we love and those who love us best.
Christ, heal the scars and draw us all together
In Him whose will is peace and joy and rest.
Father, in gratitude for homes and loved ones,
We open now are hearts to all mankind.
Grant us your Spirit, love for one another,
So in your peace may we our concord find.