Ward Hill Church of Christ the King – A Christ-Centered Community of Faith, Hope, & Love
The Lord’s Day, May 30, in the Lord’s Year 2021 – Trinity Sunday
Please speak bold words and sing italicized words; * we invite you to stand as able.
Prelude & Quiet Prayer – five minutes before service (9:55-10:00 am)
Blessed be God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
And blessed be his kingdom, now and forever. Amen.
* Hymn 101 Come, Thou Almighty King TRINITY
Being Reconciled to God and One Another
* Confession of Sin: Gracious God, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, you have promised to receive us when we come to you. We confess that we have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what we have done, and by what we have left undone. We have not loved you or our neighbors as we should. Forgive us, O God, and grant that in the Holy Spirit we may live and serve you in newness of life; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
* Declaration of Forgiveness in Christ: If you have repented of your sin and turned in faith to Jesus Christ, I can declare through Christ’s atoning death and life-giving resurrection that you are forgiven in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
* New Life in Christ: If you love God, keep his commandments. Jesus said, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”
* Response (Hymn 726) IVERSON
Spirit of the living God, fall fresh on me. Break me, melt me, mold me, fill me.
O Lord, open our lips, and our mouths shall show forth your praise.
*Gloria Patri (Hymn 735) GLORIA PATRI (GREATOREX)
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost; as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen, amen.
* The Peace of Christ The peace of Christ be with you. And also with you.
Announcements, Scripture Memory, & Catechism – see Bell Ringer
Honoring Those Who Died for Their Country – Memorial Day Weekend
Hearing God in the Holy Scriptures
Hymn 106 Father, Father of All Things
Collect for Trinity Sunday: Almighty and everlasting God, you have given to us your servants grace, by the confession of a true faith, to acknowledge the glory of the eternal Trinity, and in the power of your divine Majesty to worship the Unity: Keep us steadfast in this faith and worship, and bring us at last to see you in your one and eternal glory, O Father; who with the Son and the Holy Spirit live and reign, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
Hymn 103 Holy God, We Praise Your Name GROSSER GOTT, WIR LOBEN DICH
Isaiah 6:1-8 Psalm 29 The Word of the Lord.
Romans 8:12-17 John 3:1-17 Thanks be to God.
Sermon – “God Wants to Judge Us So that He Can Save Us”
Answering God in Faith, Prayer, and Giving
The Nicene Creed – hymnal page 846
Prayers of the People, concluding with The Lord’s Prayer (saying ‘debts’)
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name, Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors; And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever and ever. Amen.
Offering Ourselves and Our Gifts
Offertory (Hymn 729) HERR JESU CHRIST
All things are thine; no gift have we, Lord of all gifts, to offer thee; and hence with grateful hearts today, thine own before thy feet we lay.
* Doxology (Hymn 731) OLD HUNDREDTH
Praise God from whom all blessings flow; praise him, all creatures here below; praise him above, ye heavenly host; praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.
* Offertory Prayer
Being Sent with God’s Blessing into the World
* Hymn 100 Holy, Holy, Holy NICAEA