Ward Hill Church of Christ the King – A Christ-Centered Community of Faith, Hope, & Love
The Lord’s Day, May 9, in the Lord’s Year 2021 – Sixth Sunday of Easter
Happy Mother’s Day!
Please speak bold words and sing italicized words; * we invite you to stand as able.
Prelude & Quiet Prayer – five minutes before service (9:55-10:00 am)
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Christ is Risen! He is risen indeed! Alleluia! Alleluia! Amen!
* Hymn 16 Come, Let Us Sing unto the Lord DUKE STREET
Being Reconciled to God and One Another
* Confession of Sin: Gracious God, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, you have promised to receive us when we come to you. We confess that we have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what we have done, and by what we have left undone. We have not loved you or our neighbors as we should. Forgive us, O God, and grant that in the Holy Spirit we may live and serve you in newness of life; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
* Declaration of Forgiveness in Christ: If you have repented of your sin and turned in faith to Jesus Christ, I can declare through Christ’s atoning death and life-giving resurrection that you are forgiven in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
New Life in Christ: If you love God, keep his commandments. Jesus said, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”
Response (Hymn 494, verse 4) DOVE OF PEACE
Lord, cleanse the depths within our souls, and bid resentment cease; then, reconciled to God and man our lives will spread your peace.
O Lord, open our lips, and our mouths shall show forth your praise.
*Gloria Patri (Hymn 735) GLORIA PATRI (GREATOREX)
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost; as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen, amen.
* The Peace of Christ Christ is Risen! He is risen indeed!
The peace of the Risen Christ be with you. And also with you.
Announcements, Scripture Memory, & Catechism – see Bell Ringer
Honoring and Praying for Mothers
Hymn Faith of Our Mothers (Hymn tune on p. 570) ST CATHERINE
Faith of our mothers, loving faith, fount of our childhood’s trust and grace,
Oh, may thy consecration prove, source of a finer, nobler race:
Faith of our mothers, living faith! We will be true to thee till death.
Faith of our mothers, guiding faith, for youthful longing, youthful doubt,
How blurred our vision, blind our way, thy providential care without:
Faith of our mothers, guiding faith! We will be true to thee till death.
Collect for Easter VI: O God, you have prepared for those who love you such good things as surpass our understanding: Pour into our hearts such love towards you, that we, loving you in all things and above all things, may obtain your promises, which exceed all that we can desire; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Hearing God in the Holy Scriptures
Acts 10:34-48 Psalm 98 The Word of the Lord.
1 John 5:1-6 John 15:9-17 Thanks be to God.
Sermon – “Nobody Prevented” – Sermon Series: Episodes in Acts
Answering God in Faith, Prayer, and Giving
The Apostles’ Creed – hymnal page 845
Prayers of the People, concluding with The Lord’s Prayer (saying ‘debts’)
Offering Ourselves and Our Gifts
Offertory (Hymn 729) HERR JESU CHRIST
All things are thine; no gift have we, Lord of all gifts, to offer thee; and hence with grateful hearts today, thine own before thy feet we lay.
* Doxology (Hymn 731) OLD HUNDREDTH
Praise God from whom all blessings flow; praise him, all creatures here below; praise him above, ye heavenly host; praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.
* Offertory Prayer
Being Sent with God’s Blessing into the World
* Hymn 292 Who Shall Ascend the Mountain of the Lord ENGELBERG